Continuing our discussion about Judas Iscariot, we look into the prophecy of Zechariah 11 / Zachar’yah 11, written 500 years in advance of the actual history that fulfilled the prophecy. This amazing prophecy not only foretells actual events fulfilled by Judas Iscariot, but it foretells events of the entire period from the coming of Messiah to the Roman massacre of 67 CE at the mountain fortress of Gamla, through the destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple, all the way to the final destruction of the Nation of Judah in the Bar Kokba / Bar Cochba / Ben Koziba revolt. The enigmatic prophecy of Zechariah 11 / Zachar’yah 11 is unlocked for the first time in the commentary by Eliyahu ben David entitled: “From The Shepherd of YHWH to the Shepherd of Nothing” available at the http://www.tsiyon.org/ website. This program expounds on important highlights of that commentary. Zechariah, in this prophecy, answers the question; “How could God allow calamity to fall upon His Covenant people, the Jewish Nation?” Finally, there is a detailed and accurate answer to that question!
Zechariah, who is instrumental in re-establishing the Nation of Judah of the Second Temple period sees over five centuries into the future to the final doom of that nation at the hands of the Romans. That destruction fulfilling Zechariah’s prophecy in awful detail progressively came upon Judea from 66-135 CE. This raises a question too obvious to the Judeans to even have to ask: “Why would YHWH, in Covenant with Judah, allow destruction by the Romans to come upon that nation? Zechariah 11 answers that very question, prophesying about:
- The Roman massacre of 67 CE at the mountain fortress of Gamla.
- Insights into the nature of the High Priesthood, Scribes and Lawyers of Judea.
- The ministry of the Shepherd of YHWH a/k/a the Messiah.
- Foresees YHWH terminating the Covenant with the Nation of Judah.
- Thirty pieces of silver paid as the price of Messiah fulfilled by Judas Iscariot.
- Brotherhood broken and the remnant of Israel going forward in the Covenant.
- The final end of the Second Temple Era Nation of Judah.
- Details of the Bar Kokba / Bar Cochba / Ben Koziba revolt.
The enigmatic prophecy of Zechariah 11 is now clearly explained in this commentary by Eliyahu ben David:
From The Shepherd of YHWH to the Shepherd of Nothing
A Commentary on Zechariah 11 / Zachar’yah 11